Sunday, November 9, 2008

Chapter 2

The school bell rings. Finally, approximately 45 minutes and 8 seconds after the incident, ends History class. I pack up my books on the desk and stuff it all in the bag, walk out of the class. I can see that Miss Montgomery is grinning as I pass her. Ergh. Out my way to canteen after this, I suppose. Maybe I should eat my embarrassment away. Some tuna sandwiches, an apple, two ginger ales, and empanadas might to the trick.Wait, does the cafeteria ever serve empanadas? Oh right, they don't. What am I thinking?

I sloppily walk towards my locker, thinking back what had happened few moments ago with the part where I wipe my saliva and everybody laughed. The incident keeps on flashing on and on again in my head. I smack my head. I feel terrible and nausea. The last thing I wanna see is Lorraine and Rachel and tell them what happened.

Few steps to my locker, and I see Lorraine and Rachel waiting for me at my locker. Ah Damn. Great. Just great.

" Whoa, what sucks the life out of you, Annabelle? " asks Rachel and pats my shoulder as I came forward.

" Oh just an ordinary day like every other day... Got caught sleeping in the class. Again." I reply gloomily.

" Again? Belle, Belle. Oh Belle! What have you been up to lately? You can't do that kind of mistake repeatingly. You'll miss all the fun and benefit of learning!" cries Lorraine. " Do you know ... "

" Not again Lori, please. Save it for tomorrow when I get my Maths paper back, if you can.Perfect timing for me to immerse myself in your long nagging bout my future and acceptance of my bad results. I've been through enough already for today." I crossly interupt and turn to my locker. I continue, " Miss Montgomery hates me, I think. I faced a lot of embarassment just now and... " My voice just fade away as I begin to remember the dream I had. About me and Ethan. Just us two there. Together under a tree. All close and cuddly and ...

" What, Belle!What? Why would Miss Montgomery hate you? Did you anything that upset her? Oh My. Spill it!. This could be the juicy news of the day. " cries Rachel and that startles me back to reality.

"Wait, what ?!? I know we're getting our Maths results tomorrow. You did badly? I thought I taught enough on the chapter the night before the test. You didn't pay a slightest attention when I was explaining, did you? I knew it. I told you ... " Lorraine nags on.

See where this is going?

No comments: