Saturday, November 8, 2008

Chapter 1

"Hey, stop pinching my cheek!"
"Hey... I can't help it if you're cute, Belle"
"Yeah... but it hurts somehow, so stop it !"
"Oh alright... so, enjoying the empanadas I made?"
"Oh yes! It's delicious and tasty. I love the chicken. How'd you know I like it spicy?"
"What kind of boyfriend am I if I didn't know what my girl likes, ehy?"
"Yeah, true. How did I ever end up with a great guy like you?"
"I guess it's all the charms you have in you all the time, that's how."
"Really? Charms? Me? Charms? What kind?"
"Well... let's start of with... "

BAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMM !!!

Everything goes blur. Slowly opening my eyes and look up, Miss Montgomery with her hair pull back tight and tied in a bun is standing in front of my desk with her hands cross and one of it is holding a ruler. She does looks like she is having a facelift and I guess that's the ruler she used to hit my desk. Everything is silent and all I can hear is the fans swinging. Students turning back to look at me and await for something abash to happen. Sigh. That whole empanadas-thing was only a dream.

" Miss Bassett, are you aware that the lesson is in proceed which by the way you are not slightly paying attention and you know that I, as a teacher do appreciate if students pay attention on what I am teaching." she said as I look upon her.

Ah... that was only a dream? Only a dream? Ethan feeding me his home-made empanadas and him knowing that I like them empanadas to be spicy and all, was a dream? The part where he tells me that my charm that made him attracted to me, was a dream?

" Annabelle Bassett ! Are you even listening to me? " I jump in shock. Miss Montgomery is still in front of me with her furious face and her ruler tapping on my desk, waiting for my answer.

"Err... Yes, Miss Montgomery and I'm very sorry. It won't happen again." I quickly answer.

Well it better don't or disciplinary action shall be taken against you." Miss Montgomery replies firmly and turns to return to her desk. She hates me.

Oh bother. I look down and begin to flip the pages with speed on the History book to find where we are currently on when suddenly Miss Montgomery from the front class say " Oh, need I to remind you Miss Bassett, that you might want to bring some tissues next time when you're here".

Everybody starts to burst into laughter and still I don't know what it is all about till the guy sitting next to me stares at me and points at my below cheek. I look at him with confusion then i wipe my cheek downright and it feels slimy so I look at the palm of my hand. It's my saliva. I drooled. Everyone look at me and laughing more hysterically then ever. I quickly grab my bag and hastily search for tissues or napkins that I might bring along today from home. I found one and hurriedly wipe them off before someone takes a picture of it and post it at their blogs, like once when 9th Grade Joycelin Mowat got a big booger hanging below her nostrils and pictures were being taken. It was all over the place the next day. The cafeteria, the Art Room, the Gym, blogs, the Teacher's Lounge, you name it. Poor Joyce when I heard that she begged her parents to transfer her into another school and it didn't work out cause the other school she moved knew bout her as 'The Booger' like we do here. Oh what an embarrassing moment. Miss Montgomery smiles along.

I take that back. She really hates me.

No comments: